About UsFinnish Centre for Laboratory Animal Pathology is a research and service facility providing histotechnical services and expertise in morphological (macroscopic and histological) methods in laboratory animals. We help to assess for example pathological changes, specific phenotypical features or expression and distribution of specific antigens.
- Trimming, processing and paraffin embedding of tissue specimens for histology
- Preparation of unstained and stained sections (HE and a range of special stains)
- Immunohistochemistry (markers used in diagnostic veterinary pathology)
- Preparation of frozen sections, subsequent staining and IH
- Consultation and tutoring on histological tissue processing
- Assessment of morphological changes from a wide range of experiments and in the development of new experimental protocols
- Necropsy and tissue/sample collection
- Assistance with experimental design and morphological techniques
- Involvement of pathologists in interdisciplinary research; experimental approach and protocols, histological assessment, interpretation, further studies etc.
Dr. Jere Lindén|Research coordinator
Email: jere.linden (at) helsinki.fi / fclap-info (at) helsinki.fi
Email: fclap-info (at) helsinki.fi