Genetically modified animal models serve as a fundamental tool to study genetic and molecular regulation of basic biological, morphological and physiological processes as well as pathomechanisms leading to many diseases.
GM unit of the Laboratory Animal Center at University of Helsinki provides services on generation and archiving of genetically modified rodents. As a part of Biocenter Finland FinGMice platform we serve for both the local, national and international research community. We master the classical transgenesis, embryonic stem cell mediated targeting as well as CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing. We are the only national core facility who is specialized to offer also genome editing and archiving services for rats.
Design & Generation of GM-rodents
- DNA pronuclear injection (mouse) and CRISPR/CAS9 (mouse and rat).
- Embryo (mouse and rat) and sperm freezing (mouse).
- Strain recovery from frozen embryos (mouse and rat) and sperm (mouse).
- Pathogen removal (mouse and rat)
- Shipping and receiving cryopreserved GM strains.
Satu Kuure | Director
Email: satu.kuure (at) helsinki.fi
Fuping Zhang | Senior Scientist
Email: fuping.zhang (at) helsinki.fi